Claims Forms

Claim Forms

Click on the claim form you wish to download.
All forms are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
Enter the loss information on the fill-in form.

In the Event of a Claim

  • All claims must be reported by an association’s board of directors or property manager.
    Individual unit owners may not report claims to CAU.
  • To expedite claims reporting, include your CAU account number or policy number.
  • Claims may be reported in the following ways:
    • Email your claim form to CAU at:
    • Fax your claim form to CAU at: 267-757-7424
    • Call CAU toll free at: 1-800-228-1930
  • For general claims questions:
    • Call CAU toll free at: 1-800-228-1930
    • Call CAU’s direct dial phone number:
      267-757-7131 or 267-757-7128

Emergency and temporary repairs you can do in the event of a large fire loss or water damage claim

  • Board up windows and cover openings in the roof and exterior surfaces to prevent additional damage from wind, water, animals and other causes.
  • Dry out, clean and disinfect the building with extractors, pumps, high speed fans and dryers. Clean and sanitize materials and equipment.
  • Set up temporary electric, plumbing and heating facilities.
  • If there is standing water, the electricity should be shut off. The association may require a professional to do this.

Special Notes

  • Make sure that the area in which the loss originated remains intact so a cause and origin expert can inspect it, if needed.
  • Items removed from a unit should be set aside for an adjuster to inspect.
  • It is helpful to have the association’s contractor inspect the loss with the adjuster.